- AFH | — Update OTA 145 > 338 (1.5.4)
INSTRUCTIONS ON RECOVERY:
For Infrared Remote, press and hold 2 keys “Home” + “Menu” then plug the power supply into Mibox.
For Bluetooth Remote, press and hold the 2 keys “OK” + “Back” then plug the power into the Mibox.
FIRMWARE FLASH GUIDE – UPDATE OTA:
Step 1: Prepare 01 USB (less than 32GB) with FORMAT available in FAT32 format
Step 2: Download Firmware and then unzip, we get 1 file * .zip and 1 file xiaomi_update.
Step 3: Copy the above 2 files to the USB root directory.
(For example, if the USB drive is the F drive, the 2 file path will be F: \ update.zip and F: \ xiaomi_update)
Step 4: Plug the USB into Mi Box, unplug the Mi Box, then bring Mi Box to Recovery. At this point, Mi Box will proceed to update the Firmware.
Step 5: Wait for the Mi Box to restart and finish!
Note: With OTA you do as Full Firmware, only with OTA file A> B, you need to bring Mi Box to A version first and then flash the OTA to version B.
How to flash Xiaomi Firmware ROM
1. If Fastboot firmware. The ext. must be tgz. If not. Rename it from .gz to .tgz. Extract it by WinRAR
2. For Fastboot firmware. Download XiaomiFlash lastest. Extract tool after downloaded
3. Open XiaoMiFlash.exe. Install driver if tool required. Press select and select to firmware/ROM folder what includes flash_all.bat
4. Make sure your phone are unlocked bootloader. Or you must bring your phone to EDL mode (9008) to flash
5. Bring phone to Fastboot mode by hold Power and Volume down for 5-10s. Release button when It show Fastboot
6. Connect Phone to Computer. Press Refresh to scan device. If a device showed is Ok
7. Tick clean all (very important). If not, your phone will LOCKED BOOTLOADER after flash done
8. Press Flash and wait util it show success or any error
ZIP. ZIP ROM using Update function in System or TWRP
EU. EU ROM flash using TWRP
How to unlock bootloader Xiaomi Redmi
After unlock bootloader the device, your phone becomes more vulnerable and less secure to malware attacks, which may lead to the disclosure and loss of your private data. Some features which require high security level (ex: Find device, added-value services, etc.) may no longer be available. Phone data like Photo, Contacts, SMS or application's data will be lost. Use at your own risk
1. Login with Mi account on your Xiaomi phone. Go to Setting - Phone information - Tap 7 times to MIUI version. It will notice developer options enabled
2. Go to Setting - Additional settings - Developer options - Mi Unlock status. Press Add account and wait to success notice. (This step require SIM card and mobile data enable)
3. Download the Mi Unlock app to PC, and sign in with the Mi account which are loged in your Mi phone
4. Shutdown your phone manually, then hold Power and Volume down button to enter Fastboot mode
5. Connect your phone with the PC using USB cable and click Unlock